Seasons Change our Perspectives
Mindful breathing is a basic, yet incredibly powerful form of meditation.
During the fall season we’re being asked to wind down.
- Where do I want to get to?
- How will I get there?
- What’s holding me back?
- What’s the purpose of my goal?
- What would my life look like if I achieved my goal?
Questions hold power.
“A simple meditation – just about five minutes of your time – can clear your headspace and create a mindset of confidence and success”. – Hanna Hermanson
Meditation techniques influence our energy, mindset and emotions greatly.
- Begin by inhaling slowly and deeply through the nose and exhaling with equal depth out of the nose. Allow the eyes to gently close as you find your center and feel your body arrive into a tranquil state. Center your awareness around an area of your life where you have been struggling or would like to experience transformation.
- Now, think about why this goal is important to you. How will achieving this goal add value to your life? Allow yourself to get lost in your wildest aspirations. In granular detail visualize your success as if it has already happened and you are bearing the fruits of your labor. Notice how you feel and what you see having accomplished this goal. What are you wearing? Take note of your surroundings; who is with you? What do you smell? Stay in the moment and absorb, and digest, as many details as you can. Create a vision that feels genuine and as compelling as possible.
- Next, take a deep inhale and as you exhale, use your breath to invigorate and strengthen your vision. Charge your aspirations with positive energy and intentionally breathe them into life. Do this as many times as you feel fit. Our breath is what animates and energizes us and the reality we create.
- When you feel ready, slowly open your eyes and sit quietly in stillness. Allow the stillness and silence from your meditation to permeate you entirely, and notice any sensations, images, feelings or thoughts running through you. Just allow yourself to steep in it for a few breaths.
- Lastly, revisit your journal. Write in detail about your vision, what you experienced during meditation and any new ideas or discoveries that may have come up for you. Take note of the steps you will need to make and goals that need to be met in order to make your vision a reality. Create a prioritized list of your goals. Set start and end dates for them. Next, jot down the action steps, support structures, and practices that will support you in successfully reaching your goals.
By setting goals and following through with them you are not only making a commitment to yourself, but you are making an investment in yourself.
An International Bestselling Author and Lifestyle and Leadership Coach, Tris Thorp is one of today’s leading experts in the field of emotional healing. Having spent the last decade traveling the world, being trained by and sharing the stage with Dr. Deepak Chopra in the field of consciousness and mindfulness-based practices, Tris has a real gift for integrating the ancient spiritual teachings with modern-day mindfulness to help people all over the world let go of their past and create an empowered new future.
During her tenure at the Chopra Center, Tris apprenticed under the Chopra Center’s co-founder Dr. David Simon, co-facilitating the Healing the Heart and Emotional Freedom workshops alongside him. Prior to his passing in 2012, Dr. Simon appointed Tris as the person to carry on his teachings in the field of emotional healing. In addition, Tris was fortunate to be mentored by the late Debbie Ford prior to her passing in 2013, which is where she continued her extensive studies of the unconscious mind and concepts of the persona and shadow. After the loss of her two beloved teachers and mentors, Tris went on to become certified through the Ford Institute as a coach specializing in shadow work and reconciling mental and emotional issues stemming from past experiences. She continues to share the gifts of emotional healing and facilitating this work in the footsteps of her former mentors.
Tris is the International bestselling author of Healing Your Heart: Rewrite Your Story with Awareness and Intention. A guide book to understanding your emotions, how we create our story and workable tools and techniques to heal from the past, Healing Your Heart guides you through the process of forgiving yourself and others, setting and enforcing boundaries and consciously communicating your needs in a loving and effective way so you can be who you’re meant to be, do the things you want to do and have all that you deserve to have in this life.
Tris is also the co-author of bestseller Mental and Emotional Release® with Dr. Matt James. Written in a language both professionals and non-professionals can understand, Mental and Emotional Release® offers real life case studies, an overview of MER and its foundation, step by step scripts to follow, and clinical efficacy studies comparing MER to other therapies.
Clearly in her dharma, Tris’s passion and dedication to gently guide people on their inward journey through emotional healing is evident in her work as a Lead Trainer/Facilitator with The Empowerment Partnership. She teaches various classes on personal empowerment, emotional healing and higher states of consciousness at iNLP Master Practitioner Training, the Empowering Your LifeÒ weekend and at the Huna trainings on the Big Island of Hawaii – ancient energy healing and spiritual shamanism of ancient Hawaii.
Tris Thorp is Board Certified by the Association of Integrative Psychology as a Trainer of NLP, Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming, Hypnosis, and Mental and Emotional Release®, a Certified Reiki Master, and an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance. She is certified by Dr. Deepak Chopra in Primordial Sound Meditation, Perfect Health: Ayurvedic Lifestyle and Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga.
Tris is devoted to inspiring and empowering others to cultivate and maintain mindfulness-based lifestyle practices that lead to greater clarity, purpose and fulfillment. Through one-on-one coaching, online programs and live events, Tris specializes in helping people to fully release negative emotions, limiting beliefs and unconscious patterns, enabling them to make quantum leaps into the life they are truly meant to be living.