How To Set Simple Goals And Make Them Happen
Setting Goals And Finding Balance
• Take a YOU Day
- Start by finding a comfortable place where you can relax without being disturbed. Let the family know you’re going offline for a bit and put your phone on DND. (Do Not Disturb).
- Take a seat, feather your nest and close your eyes. Begin to take some slow deep breaths in and out through your nose.
- Bring into your awareness something you would like to achieve in the next 90 days. As you think of that thing you’d like to accomplish – personally or professionally – create a picture of it in your mind.
- As you see the picture in your mind, imagine that you’ve just achieved this goal. Imagine that it has already happened and you’re there in the moment where you’ve just. crossed the finish line. See what you see, hear whatever you hear and feel whatever you’re feeling in that moment. Make it real and make the energy come alive. within you.
- Now, ask yourself, “what is the last thing that needs to happen before you know that you’ve achieved this goal?” (Example: if you’re writing a business plan, the last thing that needs to happen may be seeing the finished product on your desk, if you’re wanting to drop 10lbs, the last thing that needs to happen may be fitting into a certain pant size, etc.)
- Now that you have the “last thing that needs to happen”, imagine floating out into the future above your timeline and dropping that image of you achieving that last step – the very last thing that needs to happen so that you know you achieved your goal – into your timeline. Just imagine that you’re hovering above your timeline and you let go of the picture, you watch it float right down into the future – trust that it will land wherever it needs to in order for you to make it happen.
- Then, float back to now and down into where you sit. Take a nice deep breath and open your eyes when you’re ready.
• List of Gratitudes
Invest in Yourself and Your Goals!
Q & A’s:
An International Bestselling Author, Lifestyle and Leadership Coach and speaker, Tris Thorp is one of today’s leading experts in the field of personal growth and leadership development. Having spent a decade traveling the world, being trained by and sharing the stage with Dr. Deepak Chopra in the field of social emotional learning, consciousness and mindfulness-based practices, Tris has a real gift for integrating the ancient spiritual teachings with modern-day science and mindfulness to help people all over the world let go of their past and create an empowered new future.
During her tenure at the Chopra Center, Tris apprenticed under the Chopra Center’s co-founder Dr. David Simon, co-facilitating the Healing the Heart and Emotional Freedom workshops alongside him. Prior to his passing in 2012, Dr. Simon appointed Tris as the person to carry on his teachings in the field of emotional healing. In addition, Tris was fortunate to be mentored by the late Debbie Ford prior to her passing in 2013, which is where she continued her extensive studies of the unconscious mind and concepts of the persona and shadow. After the loss of her two mentors, Tris went on to become certified through the Ford Institute as a coach specializing in Shadow Work and reconciling mental and emotional issues stemming from past experiences. She continues to share the gifts of emotional healing and facilitating this work in the footsteps of her former mentors.
Tris is the International bestselling author of Healing Your Heart: Rewrite Your Story with Awareness and Intention. A guide book to understanding your emotions, how we create our story and workable tools and techniques to heal from the past, Healing Your Heart stewards you through the process of releasing mental and emotional baggage, forgiving yourself and others, setting and enforcing boundaries and consciously communicating your needs in a loving and effective way so you can be who you’re meant to be, do the things you want to do and have all that you deserve to have in this life.
Tris is also the co-author of bestseller Mental and Emotional Release® with Dr. Matt James. Written in a language both professionals and non-professionals can understand, Mental and Emotional Release® offers real life case studies, an overview of MER and its foundation, step by step scripts to follow, and clinical efficacy studies comparing MER to other therapies.
Clearly in her dharma, Tris’s passion and dedication to gently guide people on their inward journey through personal growth is evident in her work as a Lifestyle and Leadership coach, Trainer of Mental and Emotional Release and workshop facilitator. She teaches various courses on leadership development, personal empowerment, social emotional learning and higher states of consciousness – both in online courses and her certification programs, live workshops, VIP retreats and 1-1 clients.
Tris Thorp is Board Certified by the Association of Integrative Psychology as a Trainer of Mental and Emotional Release ®, Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming, Hypnosis, and Mental and Emotional Release ®, a Certified Reiki Master, and an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance.
Tris is devoted to inspiring and empowering others to cultivate and maintain mindfulness-based lifestyle practices that lead to greater clarity, purpose and fulfillment. Through one-on-one coaching, online programs and live events, Tris specializes in helping people to fully release negative emotions, limiting beliefs and unconscious patterns, enabling them to make quantum leaps into the life they are truly meant to be living.